As a Prepper what can herbal medicine do for me?
So you have been hearing a lot of good testimonials about herbal medicine… But as a prepper how can it play a vital and realistic role in my prepping plan?
Herbal and nutritional medicines and supplementation(s) will make you and your family independent on the current pharmaceutical industry which is regulated b the government. Secondly, you can grow your own medicinal/nutritional herbs or you can wild craft them (go out in your yard or local wooded area to gather them). But you can also barter with them both long and short distance. This means if a certain herb does not grow in your area but does elsewhere and some of the herbs you gather do not grow in that place then BARTER!!! But the most Powerful and truthful statement about herbal medicine and nutritional supplementation(s) is that is is ALL NATURAL no fillers loaded with toxins and its less expensive and provides more lasting results. Example Pharmaceutical aspirin cannot be tolerated by many because it irritates the stomach lining and causes internal bleeding in some cases. but a herb known as white willow bark does the exact same thing as aspirin but more lasting and more broad when it comes to pain management and to has blood thinning properties without those side effects and the best part is that you know the ingredients and it’s all natural.
People may be forgetting when thing happen and if martial law is imposed or drugs regulated even more by the government what will you do. how will you support your disability(s) in your family even now as I speak it can be used to help your families But for what you ask?
How about this very short list for starters….
- Stop ANY Bleeding internal or external Cayenne, for external wounds torn plantain leaves will produce initial coagulation process to begin.
- Inflammation: Ginger Root, Turmeric Root, White Willow Bark,
- Allergies: apple cider vinegar and honey tonic, lemon onion juice
- Common Cold cayenne,garlic,
- Flues Horehound, elderberry, dandelion, licorice root,Mullen
- Bronchitis Mullen elderberry, dandelion bee pollen, licorice root, marshmallow root, horehound
- Lung and Respiratory infections:
- Cancer: blue violet leaf, slippery elm bark, chaparral
- Diabetes licorice root, dandelion, turmeric root,
- Insomnia Lavender, Passion flower, lemon balm
- Anxiety Passion flower, lavender
- Malnutrition Slippery elm bark, Bee pollen, Chlorella, Spirulina
- Food Poisoning Activated Charcoal,slippery elm bark,
- Graves Disease Lemon grass, essential oil, Kelp,
- Lupus Apple Cider Vinegar
- Lou Gehrig’s Disease Slippery Elms Bark, Apple Cider Vinegar
- ADD passion flower tea
- ADHD Passion Flower tea
- Parkinson’s African Red ROOIBOS Tea,
- Alzheimer’s disease African Red ROOIBOS Tea, rosemary, sage,ginkgo
- Hypoglycemia turmeric root, dandelion, licorice root
- Poor Circulation Cayenne, Garlic, Hawthorne,
- Fever Yarrow, ginger root, garlic, white willow bark any diaphoretic herb
- H mutation Virus Oregano Tea, Garlic, Cayenne, Oil of oregano, Oil of thyme, ginger root, all antiviral, bacterial, and nutritional herbs
- bruised or even Broken Ribs Slippery elm poultice, Ginger turmeric made as a hot milk known as Golden milk in India, Black strap molasses tea
- ANY MAN MADE VIRUS and Or Bacteria
- Kidney Stones and infections, 4 oz. daily pure Lemon Juice no olive oil!
- Poison Ivy plantain another pesky weed in your yard
- Diabetes: Berberine herbs; turmeric root,Golden seal,Barberry, Essiac Tea
- Cancer(All types/stages: Essiac Tea: (4 Herb Formula) Indian/Turkey Rhubarb, Sheep Sorrel, Slippery Elm Bark, Burdock Root
And this is a short list !!!
Again, you ask So What’s So Great about Herbal Medicine???
Herbal Remedies Aid an aliment in a healthy and all natural way. With Definite results through natural enzymes defeat diseases sickness’ with great success.This is due to the purity of the natural product as well as the simplicity of use and most important the lack of chemicals and synthetics used as fillers that are toxic and cause more problems then they do help. but the best thing about herbal medicine they are Fun, Simple, Inexpensive, and the ingredients can mainly be purchased at a good supermarket or health food store but most importantly it is realistic with NO limitations.
Again, through nature, there are a huge variety of herbs, having medicinal properties and they are used
to prepare the herbal medicines. They can be used directly in the form of extracts or tea, or
used to produce the drugs. Several herbs consist of powerful ingredients, which are helpful to cure a number of health problems. They can be used safely, without causing any side effects.
Some of the commonly used herbs and nutritional products; are , bee pollen, astragalus,
echinacea, Slippery elm bark,Wild Cherry Bark, Cayenne, Lemon Balm, Yarrow, Dandelion,Licorice Root, Vervain, Horehound, Mullein leaf, chamomile, flax seed, ginger,
garlic, Thyme, grape seed, green tea, tea tree, turmeric, vanilla, soy isoflavones, white willow, etc.
Various herbs can be used to treat various minor and major health problems( but also not limited to one) such as
common cold, sleep disorder, allergy, weight loss, digestive problems, hair and skin
problems, anxiety disorder, heart problems, respiratory problems, hypertension, t,
etc. Various parts of plants such as stems, leaves, seeds, barks and roots are used to
prepare the herbal medicine. Some of the important benefits of herbal medicine are given
below. Also inner barks are used from some trees and even Pine needles to make a pine needle tea this tea hot is an natural antiseptic and cooled it can be used as a wash.
Herbs have medicinal properties I will talk about a few main properties because there are so many. first off there are anti-bacterial herbs like Echinacea, there are antiviral herbs like Garlic, Lemon balm Cayenne, Ginger there are anti-inflammatory herbs like Ginger, Turmeric, White Willow bark, there are nerviness like lemon balm chamomile, lavender, there are emetic herbs and there are diuretic herbs like Licorice root, Aloe, Dandelion, there are diaphoretic herbs like Cayenne, Yarrow,
There are herbs that are nutritional and some even used for weight loss, aliments such as
common cold to more severe illnesses such as diabetes.
Echinacea assists in strengthening the immune system and also is good for killing bacteria.
If you have a toothache try using Pure vanilla extract soaked on a q tip and rub it on the bad tooth and in the cavity several times the alcohol in the vanilla will eventually kill the nerve thus elevating the pain. then with another tip, run alcohol based Echinacea tincture on the tooth and around the gum line, this will prevent any bacteria from surviving or causing a possible bacteria infection. also essential oil of clove will get rid of the pain.
A Note for those who have an autoimmune disorder “Do not use this herb(Echinacea) or any other herb that claims to enhance your immune system. It will work in reverse thus causing one to become sick more easily and more severely because it lowers the threshold (reverse) from normally increasing or raising the threshold.
Do You know one of the best natural ways to get a true and full spectrum of B complex vitamins is “DOMESTIC BEE POLLEN” this super food will nutritionally obligate the common cold as well as the flu by effectively maintaining a healthy immune system and Central Nervous System (this is why B vitamins are so important they are food for the brain and work with the Central Nervous system incredibly.
So Your blood is loaded with toxins from taking pharmaceuticals over the past years… So what can you do as a prepper Those darn dandelions! pull a few of them out of the ground roots and all chop them up make a tea or concoction for a month and watch how much better you feel.
OK That great what about all the damages throughout my system these regulated drugs have caused Licorice root will fix that problem as well as increase your blood pressure so if you find you have low blood pressure because of pharmaceuticals you are probably loaded with toxins and neuro toxins which will drag you down.
Maintaining Good health is vital to a prepper and especially when there are food shortages and we rely on the government to hand out free bread cheese milk and more or even use there soup kitchens. now we become dependent. but another herb called slippery elm bark will sustain someone nutritionally indefinitely. that and some ruff age to fill your belly you are good.
- Anti Bacterial
- This property defeats bacteria in a natural process sort of like oil and vinegar when an antibacterial solution and a bacteria are put together bacteria cease in many cases immediately. a good example is ache if you have acne and you place an alcohol based tincture of echinacea on it it OBLIVIATES THE BACTERIA and it then begins to heal.
- Anti-viral This property will defeat a viral infection
- Diaphoretic a herb that induces sweating ( a beneficial way to get rid of toxins and neurotoxins through the pores.
- Dueretic a herb theta increases urine flow this to helps get rid of toxins from your kidneys and lower organs through urination.
- Emetic this herb purges poisons from the system by vomitting
- Nervine this herb properties specifically creates a calming effect and targets the central nervous system. thus defeating anxiety, panic, insomnia and an overactive neurotransmitter(s) particularly GABA and Dopamine
- Demuculant Sooths the mucus membrane of any inflammation(s)
There are other derivatives of herbs called tincture these are highly concentrated extracts used in a similar way but sometimes and in cases have a netter absorption or effect on an illness or disease.
Secondly there are essential oils these are the pure concentrated oils distilled and are used for more and additional applications these to are high concentrates and a little goes a long way.
again there are Concoctions which are herbal teas simmered for a duration in a form called warm infusion this allows a slow simmer processes to extract more enzymes and vital nutrients than a tea should commonly produce.
Then there are Poultices these herbal wraps are used for skin irritations burns, cuts strains broken bones sore muscles and they take time to wok but they work well and can heal a broken bone better than a surgery at times. The key is patients especially if you are new to Herbal medicine.