The Best Herbs and Natural Solutions for Diabetes are...
Described as a ‘Killer Disease’, Diabetes is a health problem having a lot of incidence today. The incidence of this disease has assumed epidemic proportions, and neither modern pharmaceutical drugs nor medical equipments or therapies are proving to be efficient in curbing it. Natural solutions and herbs, thus, are proving to be highly recommended alternative solutions for the management and treatment of abnormal blood glucose issues. Find out about some of the top natural remedies suggested for treatment of blood sugar problems.
Top Ayurveda Herbs:
Ayurveda, the ancient Indian medical treatise, recommends quite a few herbs for the control of blood sugar.
- Karela (Momordica charanatia) – It is also called bitter melon. This herb has a chemical having an effect similar to insulin on the body.
- Gurmaar (Gymnema sylvestrae) – This helps reduce taste bud sensitivity to sweets, and can also stimulate the beta cells of the pancreas to release insulin – the hormone that regulates sugar levels in blood. It is an effective remedy for Type 2 Diabetes.
- Jamun (Syzigium cumini) – It has Jamoline, a chemical that can aid in as much as 30% reduction of sugar levels in blood.
- Tulsi (Ocimum sanctum) – This sacred plant for the Hindu community has fantastic anti-diabetic properties. Its leaves can be consumed regularly to bring down blood sugar levels.
- Amla (Emblica officinalis) – It can be consumed as juice or in a powdered form regularly to delay diabetes onset.
These are useful in stimulating the pancreas for the production of insulin, and improving the capacity of the insulin hormone to reduce sugar levels in bloodstream.
- Berberis aristata – The rhizome can be consumed in a grounded form. Its powder can arouse the pancreas, and help the organ release more insulin into the bloodstream. It can also prevent insulin resistance in the cells.
- Bitter Melon – The herb should be consumed to prevent the signs of Diabetes. It can aid the body in breaking sugars down and control sugar in bloodstream.
- Fenugreek seeds – These are known to be efficient in blood sugar control, and can also reduce triglycerides and cholesterol levels, which get raised often in diabetic patients.
- Panax Ginseng – This is one more herb that acts a little like insulin and can compensate the deficiency of the hormone in the body of diabetes sufferers. It can be taken along with blood sugar control medicines.
- Cinnamon – The active ingredients of this hormone help the human body to handle the hormone insulin. It can also convert the glucose in the body to energy.
Top Essential Oils:
- Myrrh oil – It is extracted from the branches, trunk and stems of Myrrh, and can help with the wounds, chapped skin, ulcers and sores that are common in diabetic people. It can treat various skin issues that arise due to diabetes, such as wrinkles, eczema and even gangrene. However, lactating and pregnant women should not use it or use it moderately.
- Cinnamon oil – It can help stimulate the pancreas and also treat insulin resistance of the human body. The oil also has strong anti-microbial properties that prevent cold problems in diabetics.
- Coriander oil – Its properties have been researched in Egypt for glucose reduction in bloodstream, supporting pancreatic function and raising insulin levels. It can also be used along with Dill oil for better pancreatic health and Type 2 diabetes control.
- Dill oil – It arouses the pancreas to produce more insulin, and it regulates blood sugar-insulin levels in the human body.
- Organic Pomegranate oil – It can reduce the risks of coronary diseases in diabetic patients, and help maintain the amount of blood sugar in the body.
Top Home Remedies:
- Have melon – You can have bitter melon juice (around 150 ml) in an empty stomach in the early morning, to control blood glucose problems. You can also have bitter melon in curries or as salads to regulate glucose levels in blood. It can boost insulin production by stimulating the pancreas.
- Eat Fenugreek seeds – Soak fenugreek seeds (around 10 gm) overnight in water. Mash the seeds and have them with water the following morning to control Diabetes.
- Have gooseberry – Mix fresh turmeric juice and gooseberry juice in equal proportions and drink it in early morning.
- Exercise regularly – It can reduce the risks of coronary artery disease, and boost diabetes control chances. But avoid too much exertion.
- Consume mango leaves – Add mango leaves into water to form a decoction, and drink it to fight Type 2 Diabetes. Drink it in the early morning to manage early diabetes.
Are Herbs Better Than Prescription Drugs?
Herbs and natural medicines are used over traditional prescription drugs as these are safer for health and there are little or no side effects. Many diabetics are concerned that blood sugar problems are not cured fast enough with herbs. While they are indeed slow to act, you can see the effects over a period of few months. This is due to the fact that herbs and natural medicines stimulate the immunity in combating diabetes, which is time-consuming. But being patient with this approach can help most sufferers get freedom from lifelong dependence on prescription diabetic drugs and reverse diabetic signs completely.
Generally, it is safer to have these. Unlike prescription drugs manufactured by medicine firms, these do not contain any synthetic chemical that can harm the body over a long time. These have only organic or natural ingredients that are products of the Earth, and are present in proper amounts in the herbs. Unlike prescription medicines that only reduce the symptoms and ‘manage’ the condition, the herbs act on the body and try to restore the pancreas to its normal functional state. These also manage the signs of Diabetes, and can treat the problem from its roots. Many of these also address the cause of blood sugar problems, such as stress, anxiety, poor dietary habits, improper digestion etc, thus treating diabetes and preventing its recurrence.
Keep in mind that you should not self-medicate. Get an herbalist to give you a professional medical opinion, and recommend the right herbs and natural medicines in proper doses at the right intervals. Even after you begin to feel better, you have to finish the course. You have to also be on a proper exercise and diet regimen to get complete benefit of the natural herbal treatment for diabetes.