“Herbs for Sunburn”
Once your skin gets sunburned the skin cells need to be repaired the best bet are the following herbs:
You can make a tea out of these herbs let the tea cool and put the liquid on the affected area with a sterol cotton ball.
- Echinacea used to diminish the destruction of collagen, the protein that keeps skin elastic.
- Cucumber this can be directly placed on the affected area helps reduce swelling
- Witch Hazel a natural coolant helps calm external spasms of the skin.
- St Johns Wort a natural antiseptic
- Plantain This contains allantoin, a proven healer for skin cells
Sunburn Gel/ Ointment Recipe:
4 tablespoons of Pure Aloe Gel or Juice
3 teaspoons of Organic Coconut oil
3 drops of lavender essential oil
2 tablespoons of Calendula Oil.
1 teaspoon of distilled which hazel
Take all ingredients except witchhazell and mix together in a blender for a few short blasts once the constancy thickens stop blending and add which hazel and mix in by hand very well. store in a glass jar. dark Colored ( if possible) and keep Refrigerated.
If you would like a thicker consistency melt 1 oz. of beeswax and add it after you add witch hazel then wisk in thoroughly until it gets thicker.
Alternative Power and Off Grid Solutions for everyone Wind Power
Economic Collapse QE3 or QEF ???
Healthy Hot Coco Recipes For family, Holidays and Preppers!!!
Natural Solutions for a Healthy Blood Pressure
Herbal Medicine and its Controversies
Herbal Tea Trea Salve for Burns
Omega 8006 Easy and delicious fruit sorbet!
Dog Naturals Series "Arthritis"