Natural Solutions for Dog Asthma
Asthma can be a burden on all the dogs main systems, causing fatigue, tiredness irritability, anxiety, panic attacks. However a few good Natural solutions for these multi-leged critters are available in both essential and herbal for:
Essential oil Method requires a defuser close to but not where the dog can get at it.
Fill your diffuser with tap water and add the following essential oils:
- 1 drop of Eucalyptus essential oil
- 3 drops of Lavender essential oil
- 2 drops of Lemon essential oil
The lemon essential oil will clean the air of toxins thus creating a freshness to the air. The Lavender ant-micro bile properties will aid in defeating any bacteria’s in the air and lungs particularly suseptible by asthma. The Eucalyptus essential oil will aid in maintaining open brachial and nasal airways particularly those irritated and inflamed by allergens.
The Herbal Method:
Requires either making a Tea, Concoction, Tincture or Sprinkling the powdered form of the herb on their food. Some herbs that work well are:
- Marshmallow root
- Sage (Be careful using if your dog has epilepsey)
- Slippery elm bark
- Rose Hips For vitamin C ( 125 mg. twice daily after feedings) if dog gets diarrhea reduce dosage until diarrhea stops.
- Mullein: for its nutritional properties and will aid in the stopping of coughing Give 8 ounces daily orally (add food grade vegetable glycerine to sweeten no sugar)
- Bring 2 cups of distilled water to a Boil
- Add herbs and lower heat to a low simmer( Do not let boil!!!)
- continue to simmer on low heat for 15 minutes. (30 minutes if using bark or root herbs)
Finally, strain and press the herbs (all the potent enzymes remain within the soaked Plant parts) adding a more concentrated effect to the concoction and becoming more potent overall for its application. Let cool and use as needed.