This soup works amazing for Colds Flues and Bronchial infections. Firstly the Thyme adds not only a punch is the seasoning but in both providing both antiviral and antibacterial properties. My grandmother ALWAYS added thyme Garlic and Parsley to the soups as well as both black and red crushed pepper.
Secondly, Fresh pressed Garlic will give a nice seasoning particularly with the thyme and will ad a Whopping antiviral kick to this Soup Recipe. Then there is Cumin a overall nutritional supplement that is great for flavor and fights colds flues and even some cases of bronchitis’. But then there is Cayenne this herb adds not only heat but acts as a diaphoretic and opens the pores and the toxins from within the body(the cold or flu) get excreted.
Overall this is a great tasting soup and is very easy refreshing and even a child can have some…
What you will need:
- 1 quart of homemade chicken or vegetable stock or organic store bought stock (low sodium)
- 1 cup of rice
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme ( for its antibacterial and antiviral properties also helps maintain a healthy immune system)
- 1 clove of garlic pressed (for its powerful antiviral properties)
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper for its diaphoretic properties)
- 1 teaspoon of cumin (for it nutritional supplementation properties)
- 1 tablespoon of Parsley For its natural Cleansing properties)
- 1/8 teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper (optional) this can also be added into the cooked soup ( for its diaphoretic properties)
- 1 small onion chopped ( for its anti bacterial, cleansing, and detox properties)
Bring Stock to a boil add all other ingredients and bring down to a low but constant simmer for 25 minutes with a lid on top ( this will retain any essential oils from the ingredients