Herbal healing salves are great for everyday use and are very powerful in healing Wounds, Cuts, Sores, Bug Bites with little or no scaring They are also used for sore muscles and actually extracting infections and poisons from a wound. and a good black salve can over time pull a small splinter out of a wound or hard to get area.
What You Will Need:
- 1 ounce of pure Beeswax
- 8 ounces of herbal infused oil
- Lavender essential oil
- tea tree essential oil
- vitamin e liquid capsules ( to use as a preserver to get more of a shelf life of the salve)
- stainless or enamel pot
- potato ricer or cheese cloth for pressing the oil soaked herb(s)
- Glass jar for storage ( Small baby food jars work great)
- 2 cup pyrex measure cup (for transferring liquid salve into containers or tins)
Here is a video on a simple healing Salve that can be used everyday everywhere for cuts, bruises, bug bites, dry skin, burns, and sore muscles as well as vascular veins.
I. First you will need to make an infused oil:
Cold infused oils: ( better quality salves and longer shelf life)
Take 6 ounces of your herb or her combination (in total) and place in a quart size mason or glass jar.
Add a Good quality olive oil and stir very well.
Let sit for a min. of 4 weeks to achieve a good quality infusion. Some say 2 weeks (I go 4 weeks and try to make extra so I always have some ready to make a batch of salves
after the 4 weeks strain and press herbs back into the stained oil.
Warm infused oils: ( Quicker good for quick needs but has a shorter shelf life)
In a stainless steel or enamel pot add 1 1/2 cups of good quality olive oil and bring to a very low simmer once you reach the simmer point back off the heat
Add 6 ounces of your herb or her combination (in total) .
stay on low or warm for 1 hour.
After one hour take off stove and let oil cool. Once cool stain and press
II. Making the salve liquid to pour into your containers:
- Add once ounce of pure beeswax and slowly melt it completely
- Once completely melted, add infused oil to the melted beeswax.
- You will notice it will solidify at this point just let it all remelt together as one liquid.
- Once completely a warm liquid add to pyrex measure cup and quickly pour into your containers.
- While still in liquid form break and add vitamin E liquid of one capsule and then add essential oils 2-3 drops of each per container.
- Let harden and use as needed